Download Our DHN Survey Result 2024
Exclusive
Realize your Healthcare’s Digital Transformation journey with ScaleHealthTech Learn More

PM-JAY Sets Record Breaking 5-Crore Hospital Admissions

Written by : Jayati Dubey

June 9, 2023

Category Img

The Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY), promoted as the world's biggest healthcare scheme, has logged a noteworthy 5 crore hospital admissions, adding up to a monetary commitment of ‚¹61,501 crore, as indicated by a declaration by the Union Health Ministry.

About 12 crore families benefit from the scheme, which is managed by the National Health Authority (NHA) and provides them with access to secondary and tertiary care hospitalization as well as annual health coverage worth 5 lakhs.

The program is in use in 33 of India's states and Union Territories currently, with the exception of Delhi Odisha, and West Bengal. Ayushman Cards have already been issued to an impressive 23.39 crore beneficiaries, providing them with free healthcare under the program.

There are 28,351 empaneled hospitals in the PM-JAY network, including 12,824 private facilities. In the fiscal year 2022-23, the report stated that private hospitals had approved 56 percent of all admissions, while public hospitals had approved the remaining 44 percent. Gender equality in healthcare access has been a major focus of the program. Women account for approximately 49% of Ayushman Card holders and authorize over 48% of all hospital admissions. Additionally, the plan has reserved over 141 procedures solely for women.


About Chime India

The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is an executive organization dedicated to serving senior digital health leaders. CHIME includes more than 5,000 members in 56 countries and two US territories and partners with over 150 healthcare IT businesses and professional services firms. CHIME enables its members and business partners to collaborate, exchange ideas, develop professionally and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and care throughout the communities they serve. CHIME's members are chief information officers (CIOs), chief medical information officers (CMIOs), chief nursing information officers (CNIOs), chief innovation officers (CIOs), chief digital officers (CDOs), and other senior healthcare leaders. The CHIME India Chapter became the first international chapter outside North America in 2016 and is now a community of over 70+ members in India. For more information, please visit www.chimecentral.org

ABOUT US

Digital Health News ( DHN) is India’s first dedicated digital health news platform launched by Industry recognized HealthTech Leaders. DHN Is Industry’s Leading Source Of HealthTech Business, Insights, Trends And Policy News.

DHN Provides In-Depth Data Analysis And Covers Most Impactful News As They Happen Across Entire Ecosystem Including Emerging Technology Trends And Innovations, Digital Health Startups, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Govt. Agencies & Policies, Pharmaceuticals And Biotech.

CONTACT US

© Digital Health News 2024