Download Our DHN Survey Result 2024
Exclusive
scalehealthtech Realize your Healthcare’s Digital Transformation journey with ScaleHealthTech Learn More

Manipal HealthMap Acquires Hyderabad-Based Medcis PathLabs

Written by : Nikita Saha

October 23, 2023

Category Img

Earlier in April 2022, the company had bought an 84% stake in Medcis Pathlabs for INR 100 Cr in an all-cash transaction. In this latest transaction, they have now secured the remaining 16% stake. However, the total financial details have not been disclosed.

In a major development, the diagnostic arm of Manipal Group, Manipal HealthMap, has acquired a 100 % stake in Hyderabad-based Medcis PathLabs.

Earlier in April 2022, the company had bought an 84% stake in Medcis Pathlabs for INR 100 Cr in an all-cash transaction. In this latest transaction, they have now secured the remaining 16% stake. However, the total financial details have not been disclosed.

This strategic acquisition aligns with Manipal HealthMap’s objective to establish itself as the largest integrated diagnostics services brand within the Manipal Group.

Moreover, the combined entity will have a consolidated backend operation, with labs operating in common locations in Pune, Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Kolhapur, and Nagpur.

Additionally, Manipal HealthMap is currently in the advanced stages of obtaining regulatory approval for a merger process with iGenetic Diagnostic.

Sharing his views, Dr Sandeep Sharma, CEO, Manipal HealthMap said, "This is yet another effort to become the largest integrated diagnostics services brand within the Manipal Group. We are delighted with the acquisition of Medcis PathLabs into the Manipal HealthMap family, and with this acquisition, we're making giant strides to provide world-class diagnostic services. We're now serving over 50 lakh satisfied customers across 16 states with this acquisition. It reflects our unfailing commitment to provide high-quality and cost-effective radiology and pathology services coupled with the latest technology."

The Hyderabad-based Medcis PathLabs specialises in molecular, cytogenetics, histopathology, and microbiology. Its other branches offer services including biochemistry, haematology, and immunology tests. Currently, Medcis Pathlabs has 23 laboratories spread across the country.

While the Bengaluru-based diagnostic service provider is a part of the Manipal Group. Manipal HealthMap is known for its advanced, affordable access, and for delivering high-end clinical results across all its centres.

Its integrated diagnostic centres offer a comprehensive range of diagnostic services including different types of tests and scans, such as blood tests, x-rays, or MRI scans.

Under its parent brand Manipal TRUtest, Manipal HealthMap expands its footprint with 23 additional centers which takes the total number to 100+ centres across 16 states, strengthening its position as a major integrated diagnostic services brand.

In a similar development, Manipal Hospitals acquired AMRI Hospitals to offer healthcare facilities in Eastern India. This acquisition aimed at expanding its geographic footprint. Further, Manipal Hospitals assumed operational control of the AMRI units in Dhakuria, Mukundapur, Salt Lake, and Bhubaneswar as a part of this strategic deal.

Manipal Hospitals currently ranks as the second-largest hospital chain in India, boasting 9,500 beds, more than 5,000 doctors, and approximately 20,000 employees.


ABOUT US

Digital Health News ( DHN) is India’s first dedicated digital health news platform launched by Industry recognized HealthTech Leaders. DHN Is Industry’s Leading Source Of HealthTech Business, Insights, Trends And Policy News.

DHN Provides In-Depth Data Analysis And Covers Most Impactful News As They Happen Across Entire Ecosystem Including Emerging Technology Trends And Innovations, Digital Health Startups, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Govt. Agencies & Policies, Pharmaceuticals And Biotech.

CONTACT US

© Digital Health News 2024